ACDL 2018 – A Unique Experience:
Data Science & Machine Learning with the World’s Leaders
in the fascinating atmosphere of the ancient Certosa di Pontignano
Inside the antique cells, the lecture rooms and around the fascinating atmosphere of the ancient Certosa di Pontignano, Siena – Tuscany the world’s leading scientists and industry experts discuss scientific challenges with a highly selected number of participants in a unique setting, nestled within the most idyllic landscapes of Tuscany, in the outskirts of Siena.
For one intense week (18-24 July 2018) you will work alongside faculty that are undisputed leaders in their own field: the result is a profound experience that fosters professional and personal development.
In a proven, unique format you will be exposed to a high-impact learning experience, taking you outside the comfort zone of your own technical expertise, that will empower you with new analytical and strategic skills across areas of data science and machine learning.
The Advanced Course on Data Science & Machine Learning (ACDL) is a full-immersion five-day residential Course at the Certosa di Pontignano (Siena – Tuscany, Italy) on cutting-edge advances in Data Science and Machine Learning with lectures delivered by world-renowned experts. The Course provides a stimulating environment for academics, early career researches, Post-Docs, PhD students and industry leaders. Participants will also have the chance to present their results with oral talks or posters, and to interact with their peers, in a friendly and constructive environment.
You will gain a heightened awareness for fields of data science and machine learning relevant for your activity and, perhaps most important, you will gain a place within an elite global network of data scientists and machine learning experts.
The Advanced Course is not a summer school suited only for younger scholars. Rather, a significant proportion of seasoned investigators are regularly present among the attendees, often senior faculty at their own institutions. The balanced audience that we strive to maintain in each Advanced Course greatly contributes to the development of intense cross-disciplinary debates among faculty and participants that typically address the most advanced and emerging areas of each topic.
Each faculty member presents lectures and discusses with the participants for one entire day. Such long interaction together with the small, exclusive Course size provides the uncommon opportunity to fully explore the expertise of each faculty, often through one-to-one mentoring. This is unparalleled and priceless.
The Course will involve a total of 36-40 hours of lectures, according to the academic system the final achievement will be equivalent to 8 ECTS points for the PhD Students and the Master Students attending the summer school.
The Certosa di Pontignano provides the perfect setting to a relaxed yet intense learning atmosphere, with the stunning backdrop of the Tuscan landscapes. World-class wines and traditional foods will make the Advanced Course on Data Science & Machine Learning the experience of a lifetime.
The ACDL 2018 Course is SOLD OUT.
Should you wish to join our waiting list, please contact us via email on email@example.com.
- Registration Deadline:
Saturday March 31, 2018
- Oral/Poster Presentation Submission:
Saturday March 31, 2018
- Notification of Decision for Oral/Poster Presentation: June 15, 2018 (NEW!)
- Early Registration:
By Saturday March 31, 2018
- Late Registration: From Sunday April 1, 2018
- December 12, 2018 — 2nd Advanced Course on Data Science & Machine Learning – ACDL , July 15-19, 2019, Certosa di Pontignano, Siena , Italy
- July 17, 2018 — A kind reminder for delegates who do not stay at the Certosa di Pontignano
- July 15, 2018 — How to get to Certosa di Pontignano (from Siena city center)
- July 15, 2018 — Excursions/Visits around Siena
- July 15, 2018 — Rent a Bike in Siena
- July 14, 2018 — Useful Information: Program, Posters, Oral Sessions, Transfer, Travel & Lifestyle in Siena and Tuscany
- June 28, 2018 — Beware of phishing emails!
- June 27, 2018 — Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice awards for World’s Best Experiences: Cooking Class at a Tuscan farmhouse
- June 22, 2018 — ACDL 2018 Program
- May 29, 2018 — Accommodation near the Course Venue
- May 23, 2018 — New Lecturer
- March 29, 2018 — The ACDL 2018 Course is SOLD OUT! Should you wish to join our waiting list, please contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 29, 2018 — Register Now! The last remaining 10 seats!
- March 27, 2018 — Register Now! The last remaining 29 seats!
- November 23, 2017 — New ACDL 2018 Keynote Speakers: Yann LeCun & Alex ‘Sandy’ Pentland
Associazione Italiana per